Epiphany Lutheran Church, Barinas, Venezuela
Lutheran Church of Venezuela / by David Ernst / 464 views
We are a Spanish-speaking mission in southwestern Venezuela, about seven hours from the capital city of Caracas and four to five hours from the Colombian border. Epiphany Lutheran Church is the westernmost outpost of the Lutheran Church of Venezuela, a national church-body in fellowship with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and a member of the International Lutheran Council. Our order of Divine Service is el Oficio Mayor I from Cantad al Señor, a Spanish-language worship supplement published by Concordia Publishing House. We use pericopes (one-year lectionary) from Culto Cristiano, also published by CPH. This is the standard for the national church. We eagerly await the publication of a new Spanish hymnal by the LCMS and its partner churches in Latin American and the Caribbean (Culto Cristiano corresponds to TLH, Cantad al Señor to Lutheran Worship, and the new hymnal to the Lutheran Service Book).
- Listing ID: 644
- Name of Pastor(s) or Other Contact(s): David T. Ernst
- Weekly Service Times – Year-Round: Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Weekly Service Times – Seasonal: 5 p.m., Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday and Good Friday
- Communion Services: Every Sunday and Festivals
- Communion – Late Service: Every Sunday and Festivals
- Communion Cup(s): Chalice Only
- Communion Cup(s) – Late Service: Chalice Only
- Hymnal: Other or More Complicated, Please Contact Me
- Liturgy: Other or More Complicated, Please Contact Me
- Pericope: Other or More Complicated, Please Contact Me
- Crucifix: Yes