Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
GLORIA DEI MISSION STATEMENT
“We proclaim to all people the Gospel of Jesus Christ as revealed in Holy Scripture and provide a family of faith through Biblical teaching, liturgical worship, and caring fellowship.”
Gloria Dei means Glory to God.
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church was founded in Blue Bell, PA in 1955 and has recently celebrated its first sixty years under God’s care and love in Montgomery County.
Gloria Dei a parish of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS), an association of thousands of congregations spanning the United States and Canada, and is partnered with churches on every continent. The LCMS is a theologically conservative and liturgical church body established by German immigrants in 1847. The Synod has two seminaries and ten colleges in the Concordia University System.
Gloria Dei is part of the English District of the LCMS, a non-geographical district of the Synod known for mission and outreach.
God has blessed us with a faithful pastor, the Reverend David M. Young, who was ordained in 2001 (Master of Divinity from Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, IN) and received a call to Gloria Dei in 2008. He rightly proclaims God’s Law and Gospel and administers the Sacraments in addition to teaching a mid-week Bible study and catechizing (teaching) our youth and new members in the faith.